Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nesting

According to the charts I'm rounding week 34, which roughly gives us another month or two until baby arrives at our front door. How perfect! Oh yeah, there's that birth thing we have to do...

Actually, I'm looking forward to giving birth. But lets focus on these darn nesting tendencies. Now when I watched a video a month or two ago that followed several couples through pregnancy and birth, I laughed at the woman who kept re-folding and re-organizing her baby clothes. "Ha", I thought, "I'm definitely not going to do that!"

Well folks, I admit it. I have re-organized our baby clothes several times and I am always looking for an excuse to count them, look at them, smell them, hang them on the walls, etc. At least I finally have them organized appropriately. The top drawer has all the smaller clothes we will use first and the bottom drawer has the bigger clothes. Eh, eh...great idea huh? No? Bad idea? You're right I'll go re-organize them right now.

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything else that might be considered "nesting" because this overwhelming urge to prepare as if the baby will be here tomorrow feels so normal.

Does anybody else have any fun "nesting" stories?

P.S. More pictures are coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. What about excessive cleaning? I've heard that happens sometimes...

    -Samantha (aka auntie/cousin)

    ReplyDelete